Lettings Services from BPK
Owners - are you looking to sell your home in the future? Long term rentals can change your money pit into a real investment, with regular rental deposited into your bank account every month! Call us to get the right information about long and short term rental homes in Carlisle and surrounding areas.
We are looking for more homes to add to our portfolio. We have qualified tenants waiting for good homes.
If you would like to talk to us about making some positive returns on your investment, help is only a phone call away.
Our property management services include:
- BPK Estate Agents draw on their specialist expertise to ensure owners receive market-related returns on their rentals.
- We take charge of the entire leasing process, from the property "take-on" process, which includes property assessment and advice, nationwide advertising and marketing campaigns that guarantee prominent exposure, to securing Leases.
- The appropriate advice on the preparation of your property for the rental market, including maximising rental yield and safety issues.
- Photographing your property to aid the letting of your property.
- Accompanied viewings by a Lettings Manager familiar with your property and requirements.
- Tenant feedback following property viewings.
- Comprehensive referencing and credit checks on prospective tenants you choose. This includes checking with their bank, employment, previous Landlords and police/criminal databases as well as with credit checking agencies.
- Monthly statements detailing rent payments, by email or post.
- Allocated contact from our expert staff to deal with all enquires or emergencies generated from Tenants, neighbours and the general public.
- Regular inspections of the state of the property, conducted by your allocated Lettings Manager followed by a written report which is held on file.
- Attend to immediate repairs and maintenance issues up to an agreed sum. Any maintenance work above this sum will be agreed with you, before we proceed to instruct one of our expert trade contacts. We do not charge commission on repairs or maintenance.
- Liaise with Tenants throughout the tenancy to ascertain the Tenant’s intentions at the end of the fixed term. The tenancy can either be extended with a contract renewal or the property vacated and re-let.
- Sign out tenants at the end of the tenancy, ensure receipt of keys and check inventory with tenants. Arrange for the return of the damage deposit from the government approved scheme.
- Arrange for Safety and compliance checks and reports, such as Soft furnishings inspections, Gas Safety Certificates, Energy Performance Certificates and PAT tests if required.
The Staff and Directors at BPK Estate Agents have many years practical experience letting their own houses, commercial buildings, farms and also developing property. They know first hand the problems which can arise. They also know if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is! We are confidently able to offer a comprehensive service in the letting and management of all types of residential property.
We are able to advise on the rules on the taking of deposits and we are a member of a government approved Deposit Protection Scheme.
Our association with Bell Park Kerridge Solicitors (who themselves have an extensive private and social Landlord practice) allows us to have a "one-stop shop" for litigation support in the event of possession proceedings when a Tenant refuses to leave, or rent proceedings where a Tenant has left owing money.
This extensive knowledge of Court procedure, and how things can go wrong, allows us to give the best advice to ensure you have the best chance of a profitable letting with no nasty surprises.
We realise some Landlords are fairly inexperienced and have a need for a fully managed service, whilst more experiences Landlords with sufficient time for property management may require a reduced service. Whatever your needs, we can offer the service.