Coronavirus Covid-19: Advice for anyone in the property market
Keeping you moving
Following the latest Government advice, we wanted to reassure you that we remain open. Although the UK has entered a national lockdown, the Government has advised that the housing market can continue to operate.
With the agreement of all parties and strictly following our covid-secure procedures and assessments, market appraisals, viewings, property management and home visits will still be possible to undertake safely. Virtual viewings are available on some properties, please contact us for more advice.
We have learnt a lot following the first lockdown in spring 2020 and since then people are reassessing their homes and lifestyles like never before, which has led to one of the busiest market-places we’ve experienced. Our teams are available via phone, video call, text and email to help with all your property-related needs and committed to delivering the level of service you would expect from us.
The wellbeing of our teams and you, our customers, has been and continues to be our highest priority.
Can I still move home?
Yes. The government amended lockdown legislation in May 2020 so you can move home during all tier levels and national lockdown. Provided social distancing rules are followed, estate agents are permitted to remain open, viewings can be carried out and removal firms can continue operations.
Looking to sell or let:
What can I expect during a market appraisal on my home?
We have put in place essential protocols to ensure the safety of our clients and team members is maintained at all times.
We have created these guidelines which we ask you to follow before and during our visit. They also explain what to expect from our team members during the visit. If you do choose BPK to market your property we will maintain the same arrangements for any visits by photographers, floor planners and when conducting viewings.
Before our arrival:
- If you feel unwell or have been experiencing Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, please inform us via telephone or email and we will rearrange our visit
- We would request that a maximum of two people plus ourselves are present at the visit
- Ensure all doors and access points are open to allow limited contact
- All relevant information will be emailed to you to avoid sharing any physical documents
- If we are meeting someone at the property other than yourself, please can you ensure these guidelines are shared with them and we are advised before our visit
During the visit:
- Please adhere to the government guidance on social distancing with everyone present at all times
- We will remove our shoes on entering the property
- We will use antibacterial gel on arrival and put gloves and non-clinical face masks on to avoid any unnecessary contact
- We will not greet you with a handshake
- If you have pets and its possible, please could you make arrangements for them to be out of the property during our visit
- To uphold social distancing our visit will be as brief as possible and further discussions will be carried out over the telephone